Wednesday, February 25, 2015




Motive    
     
by Jonathan Kellerman

 Motive (Alex Delaware, #30)

                Motive is the latest installment in Kellerman’s Alex Delaware series. It opens with the murder of a young woman in her apartment. The aberration is that her table has been set up post crime with a dinner for two. When another woman is murdered and her table for two is set, the case moves into Dr. Delaware’s area of expertise: motive.

                This novel is classic Kellerman. It’s a fast paced story that is a quick enjoyable read. There are plenty of red herrings along the way. In fact, Kellerman is known for this. He throws out red herrings like a crazed jester throwing beads at a Mardi Gras parade. I know this. I expect this. Every time I read a Kellerman novel, I have a conversation with myself. “You know he’s going to try to lead you down the garden path, right? Yep. You’re not going to fall for all those false clues, right? Nope.” Of course, I do fall for his misdirections and slight of hand. I don’t know why I even bother.


                For fans of Kellermans, you will not be disappointed. If you’ve never read this author, what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment