Thursday, November 20, 2014



The Escape by David Baldacci


The Escape




I have to start off by admitting that I’m a huge Baldacci fan. I started reading him from his first book, and he’s never disappointed me yet. Having said that, this is just a fantastic book. I have liked each of the other 2 books in his John Puller series, but this is by far the best. Did I mention that it’s a fantastic book?

This book centers around John Puller’s older brother, Robert. Robert Puller has been in each of the other 2 books, usually when John visits him in prison. Robert Puller is the disgraced brother convicted of treason and sentenced to life in prison in Leavenworth Military Prison. It’s a prison that no one escapes from, until Robert does. What follows is a whirlwind of a book.

John Puller is charged with tracking down his brother Robert and bringing him in. It is a mission that will have John, and the reader, wondering who he can trust, and just who is playing whom. There are enough twists, turns, blind alleys and double crosses to keep the reader up late at night.


Well done, Mr. Baldacci. Well done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment