Wednesday, September 24, 2014



This novel reads like a stream of consciousness, and not in a good way. I suppose there are people who will enjoy this, but I'm just not one of them.

Example:

'I thank God, if He has not by now entirely acquiesced to the rural cause, that we ventured east and not west, as Mr. Greeley would have liked it, because I doubt I would be here to complain had the opposite occurred. That we chose to head south, though, is a blow no God who retained even the smallest affection for His American subjects would have dealt us, and that we settled in so useless a stretch of the kudzu is a masterstroke no combination of Jeffersons could feasibly have arranged.'

I must admit, I threw in the towel about half way through the book. I just couldn't read anymore.
So, if the example sounds like something you would enjoy, knock yourself out. I'm moving on to better novels.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in return for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment